BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Appreciation, Sadness, and Many Thanks

My cousin Molly studied abroad for most of the last several months and is now studying in California. Molly also keeps a great blog of her travels at http://www.mollyherod.blogspot.com, and before she returned from Paris this spring she wrote a great post entitled "Measure Your Life in Love" in which she thanked all the people who made things great for her. I am going to steal Molly's idea and do the same as we begin to look back on our time in the Hoosier state and look forward to our new beginning in the Lone Star State - yeehaw! There are a ton of people we want to acknowledge so it will take me several posts over the next several weeks - but that's okay. And, it's in no particular order - but I need to get started because it will take me a long time to finish - which is not a testament to my inconsistent blogging but rather a testament to the all the great people here in the Hoosier state.

So, let us begin with (in no particular order), my tennis friends. Gaye, Ute, Barb, Sandy, Randy, Betty, Carmie, Bieneke, Sunny, Donna, Pat, Brenda, Joan, Debbie, Sarah, and I am sure I am leaving someone out so I apologize profusely. Ya'll have been so great. After about 10 years of not picking up my racquets, I joined the IU Tennis Center and began playing singles flex leagues. Through the IUTC, I met these fantastic ladies who welcomed me to their team and reminded me how much fun it was to play tennis again. Weekly get togethers on the court proved to be a major stress reliever for me and I will miss all the tennis. But, mostly, I will miss all of you. You've been so great to us and you've been so great to Maggie too. THANKS and know you'll be missed and always on my mind.

My students, in particular my doc students. (again in no particular order) Ryan R., Antonio, Ty, Sydney, SangHak, Young Ik, Katie, Pat, Greg, Andrea, Coyte, Erin, Galen, and Won. Ya'll have been a great group to work with. Working with ya'll has been one of the many highlights of being here. It has really been something I looked forward to each day.

I think this is getting long so I will update again tomorrow!

0 comments: